Thursday, May 15, 2008

Diary of a Rogue (1)

Diary of a Rogue (all Pages Blank):

 

Note:  This story came to me as I picked a lockbox in Booty Bay and discovered a Rogue’s Diary (all the pages are blank) item.  I imagined what it could contain or might contain.  This is the story.

 

PART 1:

Rassa’s lockpick probed gently in the keyhole of the sturdy lockbox.  The pockets the small wooden box had been lightly lifted from were now empty.  The warlock was a dangerous target but his clothing and jewelry promised a nice score.  All Rassa needed was 30 more gold pieces and he could put that down payment on the small farm outside of Stormwind.

The click brought a smile to his face.  He absently rubbed the patch over his eye, feeling a phantom itch from the empty socket.  Rassa wondered if Sandi would still find him attractive for the loss of his eye when he returned from his adventures.  He often wondered how much differently life would have turned out for him had he become a guard or a stablehand. 

The small candle lingered over the open lid of the lockbox revealing the treasures concealed in its depths.  First, he counted the 3 silver 36 copper and placed it in the carefully hidden sack of coin in his left boot.  Nobody was going to pick his pockets the way he did to others.  If he ever ran into a gnome who was a master of pickbooting he might be in trouble though.

 He lifted the small, aged, leatherbound book from the bottom of the box.  Gold lettering on the cover proclaimed it “Diary of a Rogue”.  Intrigued, he flipped it open and a small piece of parchment fell out.  Flipping through the book he discovered page after page of emptiness.  Not a single word adorned the pages.  Strange.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work for a first post! I hope you keep it up. I also play a rogue for my main char. Currently level 66 and trying to make the push to 70 before Wrath expansion comes out.

For the Love of WoW said...

Thanks! I hope you keep reading, I plan on posting a new entry about every other day.

Oh the dreaded 66!! It seemed like I was 66 FOREVER. You will make it! After all, Blizzard is so successful because (at least in my opinion) they are so meticulous about their launches. We will be lucky if it is this year (keeping my fingers crossed though). =P

Anonymous said...

I won't be playing WoW in the near or far future probably but I'm an MMO player who likes writing too!

Nice writing! Keep it up!

For the Love of WoW said...

Thank you for your comment and support Shazbot! Hope you come back and continue reading the story.